Options & Benefits
Types of Memberships
The membership of IREM Maryland Chapter No. 16 includes some of the most influential real estate managers and management firms in the area. Join IREM and become part of successful community – a professional network that will help you reach that next level of success, no matter where you are in your career. Find out which IREM option is right for you.
If you manage or oversee a team who manages large portfolios of multi-family, office, retail or industrial properties, the CERTIFIED PROPERTY MANAGER® (CPM®) designation and membership is your path.
If you manage small to mid-size residential portfolios, the ACCREDITED RESIDENTIAL MANAGER® (ARM®) certification and membership is perfect for you.
If you manage small to mid-size commercial portfolios, the ACCREDITED COMMERCIAL MANAGER (ACoM) certification and membership is for you. The ACoM is a great stepping stone to the CPM® designation.
If your firm wants global recognition and icreased marketability, and you have a CPM® in an executive postion supervising your real estate management activities, make the leap from great to elite by earning the ACCREDITED MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION® (AMO®) accreditation and membership.
Associate membership offers you instant discounts to courses and access to exclusive member benefits that will help you get better at your job right now.
Full-time college students can jump start their careers with our Student membership.
If you are a full-time or part-time academic teaching real estate, real estate management, or related subjects such as finance, economics, and business administration at a college, community college, or university, IREM's Academic membership is for you.
Join the IREM community and you’ll reap ongoing benefits for your career and professional development:
- Get to know the movers and shakers in the local real estate industry – and lay the groundwork for future business opportunities.
- With access to IREM’s world-class educational offerings, you’ll always stay up-to-speed on today’s hot topics and keep acquiring new, marketable skills.
- Access leading-edge information, tools and resources that will help you do your job better and faster – and increase your personal and professional bottom line.
Benefits of membership in Maryland Chapter 16:
- Education offerings including courses leading to CPM®, ARM®, ACoM and AMO® credentials
- Professional seminars
- Networking opportunities with other real estate professionals
- Chapter meetings that feature professional speakers with interesting, timely and informative topics
- Annual CPM® Candidates' event
- CPM® Candidate Mentoring Program
- Past Presidents' Grant Fund, which provides grants for education, event registrations and dues
- Annual charity golf outing
- Social events like wine tastings and dinner cruises
- Opportunities to serve the local community through our Community Outreach Committee
- Website with current Chapter information, online membership directory, online event registration, news and links to IREM HQ.
- Additional benefits provided by IREM headquarters.